Friday, July 5, 2013

Tonight

Tonight was a perfect night I don't want to forget.  I had a crummy day feeling sick and tired.  Trevor, being the wise husband he is, talked me into going to the pool to get out of the house.  It was just what I needed to get my energy back up and I had fun swimming with Kirra who had been locked inside all day.  When I got back Trevor had picked up the house and had dinner on the stove.  He turned on the music which turned into a night of dancing and family fun.  I was able to sit down with my two loves and share a family meal which we haven't done in months due to my lack of appetite.  Finally while Trevor was perfecting his desert I read a few books to Kirra before bed.  I decided to lay down with her to help her fall asleep (something I usually don't like to do).  She grabbed my hand and locked her fingers with mine.  Every now and then I would open my eyes to see if she was sleeping and she would be staring at me with a huge smile across her face.  She would kiss my cheek, giggle, and close her eyes again.  When she finally fell asleep I just wanted to stare at her cute little face all night long.  If I could freeze a few life moments, this night would be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment