Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sedona

Im gonna try this one more time.  I stopped and told myself I would journal more but I just ended up sucking at that too.  So this is my 4th attempt at blogging so I will have some kind of record of life.

Anyway this past weekend we went to Sedona to try and escape life.  It is still really hot in Arizona.  I am so ready for fall but we still have another month to go before we start getting our cool weather so every no and then we will head to Sedona for cooler weather.  To preface this though Trevor woke up on Friday morning and said he was going on a bike ride.  About 30 min later he told me he was booking a hotel in Sedona and I needed to be ready by 10.  I was in the middle of baking a cake when he told me and my kitchen was a mess and I hadn't showered and it was 8 30.  So I finished my cake, made some chicken salad so we wouldn't have to eat out, packed a bag for me and the kids and cleaned the kitchen.  I planned to shower at the hotel since I knew Trevor would want to do a bike ride.  I really hate nasty dirty hotel rooms but there is something that I love about not being in my own house and knowing that someone else will clean up my mess.  (This must be how Trevor feels every time he comes home;))Anyway so Trevor did his bike ride while me and the kids showered and got ready and then we went out an did a fun little hike and I got to take pictures.  I love doing things like this with my family.  I feel like we are all so busy these days we don't get a lot of quality time together.  The weather was perfect and I got to wear a long sleeve shirt which is a big deal for me living here!  Then trevor took the kids so I could ride his bike around the desert for a while and it was so nice and beautiful as the sun was setting.  I have really come to love Sedona as our getaway spot.  Once it got dark we headed into the little town and found a spot to eat our chicken salad.  Of course we had to get ice cream after and since it was 6 bucks for a cone we just got one and had an assembly line to share.  Knox thought this was the best thing ever and even when it wasn't his turn he would steal some ice cream every chance he got.  So back in the hotel it took a while to get the kids settled down.  Knox is a wonderful sleeper.  I lay him in bed at 7pm every night and he goes right to sleep and wakes up around 7 in the morning.  However when he is not home he is a terrible sleeper and this was no exception.  He was up at 3 am and once I got up and searched for his bottle in the dark and changed his diaper I was wide awake and stuck in the middle of Trevor and Kirra who both seemed to have no trouble getting back to sleep.  In the morning Trevor woke up early so he could do another bike ride and I again woke up and could not go back to sleep so I took the kids to breakfast but for the rest of the day I was slightly cranky and so were Trevor and Kirra and it was extremely hot out and we were trying to hike around with our stroller on unfriendly trails and we had to drag around Trevor's bike (who is literally the 5th member of our family) so that it wouldn't get stollen and it was just miserable.  So we decided to just go get some pizza and head back home.  I have come to realize that a getaway with kids is just work and next time I fully intend to leave my kids unless we are just going for the day.  However I am grateful for anytime we get to spend with Trevor these days and I love that he made the effort to do something fun with us when I know he has a lot on his plate.  I am greatly looking forward to December and his graduation!
We rarely leave the house these days without horsey and kitty



there were beautiful flowers everywhere

She is getting way to big for me to hold



1 comment:

  1. Yay!! My girls loved getting to see a picture of Kirra this morning. Looks like such a nice little getaway. And I love Knox's big smile in the picture of he and Trevor. Keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete