Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Knox 18 Months



Next month Knox turns 18 months.  It feels like the time has flown by and he was just my tiny squishy baby yesterday.  When I think about all the reasons I love this kid it overwhelms me to the point that I think trying to write a blog post to name them all seems impossible.
So here are just a few things we have learned about Knox in the last 18 months of his life.

1.  Knox thinks that everything is funny.  It doesn't matter what show is on T.V. he will find something he thinks is funny and start laughing uncontrollably.  We recently watched the movie penguins and although it was entertaining, Knox was who we were all watching throughout the movie just waiting to see what parts would make him laugh.  The other day we were outside and he saw a weed blowing in the wind and every time the weed would move he would laugh.  He also thinks Kirra's hair is funny and I always catch him coming up behind her playing with her curls and giggling.  I love that he already has a crazy fun sense of humor.
2.  Knox is a cuddle bug.  Kirra was never this way so I think this makes him unique.  At least unique for an 18 month old.  In the mornings when I get him out of his crib, and assuming we can find his binki immediately, he will come get in bed with me and just lay there for what seems forever.  Sometimes when I am talking on the phone he will climb up on the couch next to me and just rest his head on my shoulder.  Along with the cuddling he loves having a blanky.  If there is a blanky in the room he wants it and he doesn't want anyone else touching it.  He doesn't really have a favorite except maybe Kirra's pink princess blanket which isn't even really a blanket but both my kids love.  I love each and every cuddle I get and hope that they never stop.
3.  Knox loves music.  Specifically Taylor Swift.   More specifically "Shake it off".  We discovered about a month ago that Knox loves this song.  When it would come on he would stop whatever he was doing and get really excited and start to dance.  The other day he kept bringing me my phone and whining and I finally figured out that he wanted me to turn his song on, so I turned on "Shake it off"  he walked around the house with the phone held up to his ear, and every time it would turn off he would bring the phone back for me to turn it back on.  We also recently learned he likes the song "I love it" by Icona Pop.  It is so weird and yet so entertaining.
I didn't have a pic of him dancing but this one of him looking extremely scared rolling down a hill was pretty good too.

4. Knox loves food.  Period.  I thought he would grow out of the grocery shopping fits but he hasn't.  He still freaks out with every item we put in the cart because he can't open it and have it right then and there.  He still freaks out when someone at church has fruit snacks and he doesn't.  He knows if there is candy in the house.  Even if it is hidden.  He will come grab my hand and stand in front of the cabinet that he knows its in and grunt until and give in.  I think this is a boy thing.  We can hardly get Kirra to eat anything.

5.  Knox is so so smart.  He has figured out what items he can use around the house as a stool to reach anything that we try to keep away from him.  He remembers exactly where his binkis are hidden.  I will spend all morning looking for one and as soon as I stop he will show up with it in his mouth.  He has learned a few signs and made up a few of his own so he can communicate with me.  I am always amazed at how quickly he catches on to things or picks up a new skill.  I am sure I won't be able to keep up with him pretty soon.
I also realized after writing this that Knox only does picture worthy things when he is wearing his super secret agent shirt!  I need to take my camera out more often.  Anyway that is out 18 month old cutie pie and we love him to pieces.  I hate that he is growing up so fast but I also can't wait to seen the person he becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment