Thursday, January 22, 2015

Knox

So Knox is growing up so fast and there are a few things I never want to forget about him at this age.

1. He loves eating and I feel like he is constantly eating.  I know this is a lot of kids but Knox is so funny about food.  Like if he sees someone at church with food he is determined to take it from them and eat it.  And when we go to the grocery store he cries in the cart every time I put something in because he wants to open it right now.  Once I let him hold a box of cheezits while we were shopping and when the cashier took it from him to ring it up he broke down in a screaming fit.  If we ever have fruit snacks he gets out of control.  He freaks out until I open them and then cries and cries and cries when they are all gone and then feels like everyone around him that still have fruit snacks should now give him their fruit snacks.  I have never seen food emotionally affect a little person in such a way.  At least we know the way to his heart!

2.  He just started saying Kirra.  It sounds more like Tia.  He walks around chanting her name proudly and then we went to the park while Kirra was at preschool the other day and he just kept looking at me with and saying, "Tia?"  He loves her to death and she loves him.  Of course they still fight.  He can't stand to see her sitting on my lap.  He will throw a tantrum until she gets down even if I am holding him too.  As soon as she is no longer touching me he is completely fine.  But for the most part I get to enjoy watching them chase each other around the house laughing and playing.

3.  He loves bath time/shower time.  He thinks that if there is a shower on in the house, he should be in that shower.  It doesn't matter if he just had a bath.  He will come in and start motioning to take off his shirt for him.  Then he will try to bring every thing he owns into the shower.  His blanket.  His toys.  The hairdryer.  A pillow.   And sometimes I try to trick him into doing something else while I shower and ever if he is on the opposite end of the house, he still knows..

4.  When he is quiet you can be assured he is doing something naughty.  I always find him taking everything out of my kitchen cabinets, or eating out of the garbage, or taking everything out of his drawers, or dipping his binki in the toilet, or eating an entire chapstick.  Nothing is safe.

5.  He tries harder than I have ever seen anyone to communicate without talking.  He will grab my hand and take me into a room like I am supposed to know what he wants in that room.  And when he wants his diaper changed he will just come lay down in front of me and stick his legs up.  And when he wants me to stop looking at my phone and talk to him he will just take it and throw it.  This kid is seriously keeping me on my toes.  There is just something about his sweet face that has me totally wrapped around his finger.  I can't imagine our family without him.









No comments:

Post a Comment