Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Routines

The past few months have been crazy at our house and I have been very anxious to develop some sort of routine.  Kirra starting preschool has definitely helped.  It has helped her to overcome her hatred of bedtime rituals because she knows in the morning she gets to go to school and be with friends.  I love dropping her off and having a few hours to focus on Knox.  I also love picking her up and coming home for lunch, homework, and naps.  And I really have loved our afternoons at home.  Trevor's schedule allows him to have dinner with us every night which I LOVE, especially when he does the making of the dinner.  He also only works three nights a week so on the nights he is home we have been taking nice long evening walks to enjoy the weather and have some quality time without any distractions.  I usually don't enjoy so much normalcy and look forward to our spontaneous days, but lately I have been loving our seemingly boring schedule.  Our afternoons at home have been perfect and I know life will not stay this simple forever but for now I will enjoy every minute of it.

I love these afternoons when my kids just play together



I sent them outside to collect acorns for a project I want to do and they loved it

Kirra choose to do an acorn flower mix

Knox only picked up a few and he was very proud of them



My favorite is when he decides on his own that its bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment