Sunday, August 26, 2012

Part One-Weekend Fun

This past weekend we went up to my old home town of McLean Virginia to visit by best friend Sutton and her husband Andrew.  Sutton has been my friend since we were 2 years old.  We have experienced a lot in this life together.  We played barbies together, we vacationed together, we went to girls camp together, we shop together, and we have had each others back through many of life’s trials.  It is amazing because we have lived far away from each other since we were 5 years old but we kept our friendship alive through hours of phone conversations and many trips up and down the road.  It is awesome to know that I have her as a support.  She will always sympathize with me when I need it, and tell me I am wrong when I need to hear it.  I think we are pretty much stuck with each other for life and probably for the life to come.
Anyways this weekend Sutton was on a break from Nursing school.  She is extremely smart and currently in a very time consuming bachelors program at George Mason University.  Trev and I decided to drive up for the weekend and spent some time with her and Andrew before they went back to school.  The day and a half we were there were packed full of fun activities.  The first night we were there Sutton’s parents and sister Avery watched Kirra so that we could have a date night.  We went to Union Station to try out a new Sushi restaurant and it was a fun experience.  I love being in D.C. and the atmosphere there.  We found a parking spot and took a nice walk and took some fun pictures and then entered Yo! Sushi.  It was definitely a taste of Japan.  There was a conveyer belt that we sat around where little plates of sushi would pass buy.  You could take what you wanted and the price depended on the color of the plate.  Everything about this place was awesome.  The crazy japanese music and cartoons playing on the T.V. and the button that you get to push which lights up a stick next to your table so your waiter knows when you need them were just part of the charm of this place.  Also, very wisely, they installed little faucets at every table so you can get your own water and don’t have to wait on anyone when you are thirsty.  We stayed for a couple hours enjoying the yummy food and funny conversation.  Afterward I was determined to go to Georgetown cupcakes to satisfy my sweet tooth.  We drove all the way there only to find out they were CLOSED!  I was disappointed so we stopped at a krispy kreme to get a hot doughnut.  We walked around for a while with our yummy doughnuts and enjoyed listening to an extremely enthusiastic band playing in the street.  It was a fun night with good company and I was sad when it was over.




This one is for Chad



You can see the little faucet in this picture

These are the funny cartoons that were playing.  Very entertaining.

1 comment: