Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kirra's Blessing


Sorry for these random and out of order posts. I am trying to play catch up. I actually want to print my blog out at the end of the year and use it as my journal. So onto the story.

At the end of the June, Kirra was one month old and we had her baby blessing. It was such a special day. For the weekend Trevor's parents and brother Bryan came into town to celebrate with us. Also my mom and dad were in town so we had a lot of family support which was nice. It was kind of a sad weekend for Trevor because Friday night he had a big volley ball game and really hurt his ankle bad. He usually has all kinds of boy fun when his family comes to town. We spent most of the weekend just hanging out around the apartment. We did get to go see Thor at the dollar movie which was fun. I left Kirra with her two grandma's for the first time while we went to the movies. I have to admit it was a nice break. Sunday morning was very busy. We had a lot of cooking and preparing to do because after the blessing we were going to the park for a picnic. My mother in law Sherrie made Kirra's blessing dress and it was adorable! It was so fun getting her dressed up. I bought a new outfit for the occasion but I was not feeling very adorable. I was still feeling a little large from pregnancy. I think that is normal though. I was so excited for Kirra's blessing and a little nervous for Trevor. He didn't seem nervous. He told me that a blessing comes from the Lord so he didn't think about what he was going to say before hand. I was a little surprised at how short her blessing was but it was beautiful and to the point. She was blessed to gain a knowledge of her Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and to know that they loved her and that her family loved her. I think that if she can learn those things and accept them, she will be just fine. I feel very blessed to have had both sides of my family at the blessing. It was a wonderful feeling to spend such a special day with all the people we love. I think the best part of the day besides the actual blessing was the food. We had delicious food and lots of it. We all met up at the park after and had such a fun time talking and enjoying each others company. It was a perfect day for my sweet baby girl's blessing.


Trevor's Aunt Julie and cousins Taylor, Kyle, and Amanda also came for the blessing.

My cute family...missed my 3 younger brothers thoug
Trevor and his brother Bryan. Trevor has awesome brothers.


Cutest little feet

Umpa lumpa! Just kidding I don't really know his grandpa name yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment