Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekend in Utah


Trev's parents came to Utah a few weekends ago. We decided to go down and see them and Chad. It was quite an eventful weekend to say the least. We decided to leave at 4 in the morning to drive down. It was a good and bad idea. Good because Kirra slept the whole time, bad because it was 4 in the morning!!!! I didn't really sleep on the way down so I was tired pretty much the whole time we were there.
When we got there at around 9, we met with the family at kneaders for breakfast. Trevor was really excited about all you can eat french toast. I am not a french toast fan but I did have a delicious croissant. Then we had to drop Chad off at work:( Bust we got to spend the day with mom and pop Martinez. We went up to Provo Canyon and had the best day just hanging out enjoying the beautiful leaves and long boarding. Trevor and his dad were long boarding and having a blast. Trevor's dad is like an 18 year old trapped in a....I don't actually know how old he is, but I know he doesn't seem very old. When we picked up chad later we went to Sam's club to get him stocked up on food for him for the year!!! Then I went with Chad to drop off the food, and got to meet all his room mates. And finally we met up with everyone at Brazillian Express! So delicious!!!We wanted to do some more fun stuff after dinner but everyone was so exhausted that we just went to bed. Oh and side note-Earlier this same day, Trevor wanted me to ride the bike next to him while he went running. I took his dad's bike and it was a little too big for me so a little hard to control. I fell over and when I was trying to get back on and get going again I guess I rode through a patch of stickers. I popped both his dads tires and it took us almost an hour to pull all the stickers out. There were soooo many and I felt really bad.
Anyways, they got started on their bike ride a little late the next day because of this. SO the boys went up into the canyon to bike and Sherrie and I picked up Kaylie and we got a picnic ready and then headed up to the canyon to meet the boys. Kirra LOOVED Kaylie. Kaylie had the magic touch and put Kirra right to sleep. We had a really nice picnic but then we had to leave because there was a BYU game that we were trying to get to. We were really late and I felt bad because I knew Chad had gone to a lot of trouble to get the tickets and I really wanted to go to the game because I had never been to one. As we were walking into the game though we saw a ton of people leaving. We found out that BYU was way ahead and there was no chance of a come back so instead of buying an extra ticket that we needed, Chad, me, and Michael went in for a few minutes, and Trevor, Kirra, and Sherrie had some bonding time. The football game was fun. Chad had to teach me all the different BYU rituals and introduce me to a cougar tail. It was really fun, even if we only stayed for half an hour. By the time we were done, we everything from that morning, I was to tired. I took a little nap and Chad went to work and everyone else played in the park. We decided after a couple hours to resting to split up. Sherrie, Kirra, and I went to the mall to do some much needed shopping, and Trev and his dad went hiking. We all met up later at Red Robin for delicious ham burgers and after filling our bellies, we all just wanted to sleep. It was a very BUSY weekend but so much fun. I had to recover few a few days after we got home. Im glad we got to spend time with out family, I want Kirra to have a close relationship with all her aunts and uncles and grandparents. Family is the most important thing to me and I can say that I love all my inlaws so much and I'm so glad they are part of my family now.


So these are backwards but here we are at my first BYU game! Loved the atmosphere.
Kaylie working her magic

cousins!
But she warmed up to him pretty quick. He is the one who started that whole tongue thing
So this was actually taken first. She did not want to get on Chad's back


What am I gonna do with these two.





I'm gonna have to invest in a lot of helmets and knee pads.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had so much fun! We wish we could have been there. I can't believe I missed your first BYU football game but I'm sure Chad took care of you. Did he teach you the fight song? The picture of you, Trev, and Kirra is possibly the cutest picture I've ever seen. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete