Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yellowstone


I have lived in Idaho for four years and until this summer I had never been to Yellowstone. Every time my family would go I would have classes or something else going on. My dad promised me this year that when he came out at the end of June he would take me. We decided to go on a weekday because it would be less crowded. I was so excited when I woke up that morning. I knew it would be a long day but I had not gotten to spend some real quality time with my parents in a while. Unfortunately Whitney and Ben could not come so it was just My parents, me, Trevor, and Kirra. The drive up was nice. Kirra slept most of the time. It was a beautiful day and we had the best scenery. We had fun talking and checking out the different sight. My dad was in his element. He loves to drive around and see things and he knew his way around Yellowstone. I had fun with my new camera taking a thousand pictures. My main goal for the trip was to see Old Faithful. It is a major landmark and I was determined to see the thing blow. We were about 15 minutes away from Old Faithful when we hit some major traffic. My mom and Trevor got out of the car to see what the hold up was. It turns out there was a herd of buffalo blocking the road. We thought they would get out of the way but we were stuck behind them for more than 2 hours. About half an hour before we were stopped by the buffalo I had to pee. After two hours of waiting in buffalo traffic and having just had a baby a month earlier I could not hold it any longer. I had to go. There was no bathroom and sight and we were surrounded by other cars so I could not go behind a tree. I was forced to go in the back of the suburban and very discretely without the car behind us seeing, pee in a cup. To say it was an embarrassing moment in my life would be an understatement. I think that all cars should be equipped with toilets so this does not happen to anyone else ever!
Anyway TMI I know. We finally got past the buffalos and made it to Old Faithful. I was not expecting the thing to shoot off as high as it did. I thought maybe a little gush of water but I was definitely impressing. It was well worth the wait. By the end of the day we were all exhausted especially my parents. I think we wore them out. It was such a good day though and a great memory that I will have forever.

We had lots of treats for the road...Kirra went a little overboard
Grammie and Kirra at the geysers
The end of June and there is Snow on the mountain
Lots of buffalo
Beautiful sunset at the end of the day
I made it!!
Look at that thing
Great anticipation
The herd that stopped traffic

sooo beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment