Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch



Yesterday we had a great Saturday! It started off with some yummy belgium waffles that Trevor made for breakfast. I had a baby shower to go to in the afternoon so Trevor when shooting with our friend Drew. When we met back at the apartment Drew and I had a friendly game of Wii golf. It was probably my best game of golf ever because I got my first HOLE IN ONE!!!! yeah! It was pretty awesome. I think Drew felt a little threatened by me. So after our rousing game of golf we took Kirra to the pumpkin patch for the first time. We went with our friends the Lees and the Goines. The place just happened to have an amazing spot for pictures so I was taking a ton of pictures for fun but it turned out to be a perfect spot for our Christmas card pictures. Im sure everyone gets annoyed with my new picture taking obsession but they will thank me one day.
There was a straw maze at the pumpkin patch and it was pretty big. We decided to make a game out of it with the other couples. We each left a minute apart and we were trying to see which couple would make it out of the maze first. I was pretty sure we would loose because Kirra had already passed out and she was pretty much dead weight. We were walking through the maze for a good half hour and I was pretty sure our friends had already found their way out and that we were going in circles. I greatly under estimated my brilliant husband's skills. Not only did he get us through the maze but we were the first ones out! It was fun to celebrate our victory and sit right outside of the exit and wait for everyone else. When we were all out of the maze, we finished off our night by picking out the perfect pumpkins. They even gave us a smaller pumpkin for free since it was Kirra's first time.
I have great memories of the pumpkin patch as a kid. My parents would take us to this farm that had a giant barn filled with hay. We could rope swing into the hay and we would stay there super late and then get hot chocolate after. Even as a teenager I went there with my friends and we would do the corn maze and sing and be goofy. I can't wait till Kirra is old enough to really enjoy Halloween like I do.

Sean Found A perfect butt pumpkin
Me and my girl
Kirra's first pumpkin picture
We went to see the pigs and thats about the time Kirra passed out




This would have been our family picture if Kirra had looked


Two peas in a pod

Trevor inside the maze, the exit was just around the corner but it took us half an hour to figure that out

WINNERS!!


Our friends sean and Nicolette

1 comment:

  1. dude, where did you get Kirra bug's hat? that looks like one my friend kristin (4Hankins) makes!

    You guys are too stinkin cute. I have been telling Chris about that place we used to go! No other pumpkin patch stands up to it! Their maze this year was a NASA rocket...so cool

    ReplyDelete